Information Systems Engineer-Technician
|Office:||Downtown - Methodist Hospital|
|Description:||Implements and maintains company-wide integrated technology systems including networks and software applications operating on various platforms and telecommunication systems. This position supervises and monitors the status of the network to ensure that all devices are working properly. Administers the e-mail system and evaluates network performance to maintain standards, and corrects as necessary. Ensures effective utilization of network management tools and applications to enhance system performance and limit downtime. The IS Engineer makes|
recommendations for purchases of network hardware, software and communications for current and future system needs.
- Network Support: Supervises and plans, implements, and supports network solutions between multiple platforms. Installs and maintains local area network hardware and software. Troubleshoots network usage and computer peripherals.
- Network Efficiency: Responsible for maximizing network/server up time to ensure maximum employee productivity.
- Internet: Maintain connectivity between Internet and LAN/WAN sites within the company. Keeps abreast of new technologies to provide more services. Responsible for email, Intranet operations, firewalls, and security administration.
- Systems Administration: Installs operating systems, database management systems, compilers, and utilities. Monitors and tunes systems software, backup software, peripherals, and networks. Installs desktop hardware and software, sets up new users, creates batch administration scripts and runs systems backups. Resolves network system(s) and desktop problems.
- Corporate E-mail: Maintains Goodman Campbell e-mail server and all related items. Responsible for add/change/deletes of all users.
- Telecom: Responsible for hardware, software, and interface to telephone vendor. Installs and troubleshoots phones, provides feature support, ACD routing, and voicemail administration. Responsible for add/change/deletes of all users.
- Project Management: Responsible for IT projects as assigned by Director of Operations. Responsible for coordinating resources, schedules, and communications for systems developmental projects and ensures completion of assigned tasks.
- LAN/WAN Administration: Evaluates and recommends on-going Local Area Networks, Wide Area Network, Virtual Private Networks, and Business to Business network connectivity. Installs networks and provides transport services. Performs analysis and diagnostics. Works with routers, switches, and hubs. Installs new users on LAN, resolves communications problems, and performs system backups and data recovery. Maintains vendor relationships and coordinates appropriate resources.
- Cellular Telephones: Responsible for setting up, maintaining and troubleshooting Goodman Campbell supplied cellular phones and interface with Goodman Campbell network servers for calendar, e-mails, tasks, and contact synching.
- Help Desk Responsibilities: Responsible for responding to all help desk needs of the employees included but not limited to failed sign ons, setting up new accounts, printer problems, Outlook, Microsoft operating system, and office suite, copiers, etc.
|Qualifications:||Knowledge Skills Abilities |
Extensive knowledge of computer hardware,VPN tunneling, SQL, and Microsoft Exchange & outlook, Terminal Services, Microsoft operating system, and office Suite, copiers, etc.
Educational and Experience Required
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) and at least five years IT experience.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Office Environment
- Computer work
- Must be able to travel to any office location when required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.