Medical Administrative Assistant I
|Office:||Downtown - Methodist Hospital|
We have an immediate opening for a Medical Administrative Assistant I (MAA I) at our downtown Indianapolis location next to Methodist Hospital. The MAA I supports the administrative function of a busy neurosurgeon within a team structure. The duties would include the triaging of all established patients, RMD, Hospital, etc. calls. This position is responsible for the maintenance of the providers' scheduled surgeries, billing, calendar, mail, non-medical issues, concerns and commitments.
- Triage Phone Calls
- Refering Physician calls; Any available MD calls
- Hospital & ER calls
- Established patient incoming calls
- Surgery Scheduling
- Complete test order forms per provider request & forward to Patient Advocate for scheduling.
- Forward provider CME's to Administrative Secretary for documentation.
- Process provider Mail.
- Maintain provider calendar
- Manage administrative business, expenses, vitae, presentations, travel, meetings, etc. for providers.
- Back-up to other Medical Administrative Assistants.
- Position to cover all patient, physician and facility calls designated to that team of providers during business hours. At least one medical administrative assistant must be available for the GC providers and to take calls at all times during normal business hours.
- At least one medical administrative assistant must be available to cover the designated physician team at all times during normal business hours.
- Strong Medical Knowledge
- Good Customer Service Skills & presentation
- Good computer, communication & language skills
- Able to interact with physicians, providers and patients in a fast paced/high stress environment
- Flexible and able to multi-task
- Excellent work habits with close attention to detail
Educational and Experience Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 to 5 years experience in medical office or equivalent; 1 to 3 years physician secretarial experience preferred.
- Office work environment
- Moderate to heavy stress levels
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Long periods of telephone work
- Long periods of concentrated focused work
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.